Osprey Farpoint 55 is one of the finest backpacks to carry and go around on your trip. The comfort level of the bag is so high that you can grab it for one day trip to your surroundings or to a long international trip as well.
The Osprey Farpoint 55 is designed for using it all the way on your trips. The strength of the Osprey Farpoint 55 is up to marks that will ensure that it does not tear off, while you are on your way.
The Osprey Farpoint 70 is build for the places where suitcases won’t go. It is made so light that the weight of the backpack doesn’t add up to your luggage. Comfort and easy handling were perhaps what was in the minds of the company while making this bag.
Here’s a detailed individual review of the Osprey Farpoint 55 and Osprey Farpoint 70 after testing them to their best limits.[wpsm_comparison_table id=”1″ class=””]
Read here for detailed comparisons between Osprey Farpoint 55 and Osprey Farpoint 70
Strengths of Osprey Farpoint 55:
- Osprey Farpoint 55 is not made up of the toughest fabrics among the backpacks available in the market but it has a good strength to bear the load. It is designed with a mindset to make it a perfect backpack for travel.
- It can withstand the rough and tough use while in the travel. If you are planning a trip to your nearby location or for a long week’s trip at your favorite place, this is one of the finest backpacks you can carry.
Strengths of Osprey Farpoint 70
- Osprey Farpoint 70 is the lightest yet most strong and durable product coming out of the factories of Osprey. It is designed so that you can carry your gears be it in the rugged mountainous terrains or traveling from hotels to hotels or airports et al.
- Farpoint 70 can be carried like a backpack but can be packed like a suitcase, which makes it so easy to handle. Being a backpack it can easily go to the places where normal suitcases won’t go.
The comfort of Osprey Farpoint 55:
- Osprey Farpoint 55 grabs one of the top ranks for the comfort level. It is suitable for traveling to the rural areas or to an adventure trip. The padded shoulders are one of the key factors of attraction for Osprey Farpoint 55!
- This enables you to carry the backpack with the full load for a longer time. You need not have to worry about the aches in your shoulders or back while you are carrying if for a longer duration.
- Both the day pack and the main packs are easy to carry and comfortable. What we liked the most is the feature that you can carry both the day pack and the main pack both at the same time. While you carry the main pack at your back and the day pack in front of your body, both the backpacks pull your shoulders in the opposite directions giving you an extreme comfort.
Comfort of Osprey Farpoint 70
- It being the lightest of all Osprey bags is the most comfortable offering of the company. Be it a rugged mountainous terrain or plain roads you can take it without thinking twice.
- It has a zip away spacer mesh ventilated back panel, making it suitable for doubling as a suitcase still offering all the flexibility of a backpack.
- It’s strong and durable back system makes it comfortable for you to carry your gear comfortably wherever you are.
- Besides the padding on shoulders is there, like Farpoint 55, to make your travel a lot easier and comfortable.
- Your gear is near to hand, with the inclusion of a large zippered lockable opening that allows access to the main compartment. The compression straps are also used to attach and secure a 13L ‘zip and clip’ daypack, which includes all the organization, you’ll ever need; a top stash pocket for electronics and sunglasses, dual side pockets and a laptop sleeve.
- The daypack can also clip onto the harness of the main pack, in a ‘kangaroo’ style attachment. This provides a very secure way to carry your daypack when you want to keep your valuables or tickets to hand.
Features of Osprey Farpoint 55:
- One of the most adorable features of Osprey Farpoint 55 is the detachable backpack. You can detach the day pack and can have your essentials in that and can easily roam around. Once you are to your accommodation place, you can detach the day pack and can keep the main backpack with all the heavy luggage at you accommodation place.
- Now, you are free to roam around with a little and lighter day pack. This way it saves a lot of your energy and also while you travel you do not need two separate backpacks. This is why the Osprey Farpoint 55 stands in one of the most preferred backpacks in our list.
- The day pack has one of the salient features to make it a perfect one to carry it in your trip. It has several small pockets and a padded sleeve to safe guard your laptop. Other zippered small pockets help you to have small electronic gadgets like digital camera, cell phone, tablet, etc.
- The lockable zippered compartments ensure higher safety. While you are in transit you can hook up a lock here and can have a sound sleep to enjoy the next day to the fullest.
Features of Osprey Farpoint 70
- Apart from the detachable day pack of 13 L capacity, Osprey Farpoint 70 houses a lot of other features which makes it your best companion while you are on the go.
- Padded laptop sleeve makes it easier and safer for you to carry your laptop in the bag.
- Die-cut spacer mesh hip belt and harness makes the bag strong and durable so that minimum load is borne by your shoulders and instead the load should be distributed in a manner that it doesn’t make you feel uncomfortable.
- Sternum strap with emergency whistle, for you, don’t know when it may come handy. Zippered panel access and Dual front mesh pockets are also there for easily accessing your stuff.
- Internal compression strap system to put more stuff easily with a pinch of added safety. Removable sleeping pad straps are also there.
- A low weight peripheral frame to keep things handy.
The capacity of Osprey Farpoint 55:
The Osprey Farpoint 55 has total 55 liters of capacity with 40 liters of capacity in the main back pack and 15 liter capacity in the day pack. If you need only the main back pack that has the capacity of 40 liters, you can go for Farpoint 40. Farpoint 40 consists of only the main back pack saving a few bucks of yours.
The ratio of capacity to weight is a moderate one for Farpoint 55. So overall, it won’t be too much heavy on your shoulders ( and your pockets as well 😉 ). If you wish to go with some higher capacity back packs, you can go for Farpoint 70. Farpoint 70 has total 70 liters ( 55L + 15L ) of capacity.
Padded Carry Handles of Osprey Farpoint 55:
The Osprey Farpoint 55 provides two handles one on the top and the other on its side. Padded handles are very much of use when you are in the transit like a crowded metro or bus. You do not need to worry about having your backpack on your shoulders. You can hold it in your hand and move on easily.
Moreover, while you are traveling in the city area, it would be easy for you to carry your backpack with the handles.
The Osprey Farpoint 70 offers all these features of Farpoint 55, in addition, its frame gives your back a firm support keeping your posture straight. It is as light on your soldiers as it can get. You barely feel a thing or two while carrying the backpack on your shoulders.
While a city ride with a Farpoint 55 would be a joy, Farpoint 70 comes from a different genre, It is as comfortable in the cities as it is in a lonely mountainous terrain. You won’t feel a thing!
Suitcase Opening of Osprey Farpoint 55:
- This is again one of the finest features of Osprey Farpoint 55. As it can open just like your suitcase, it becomes very easy for you to put your belongings in the backpack. You can put up your clothes and other luggage that they occupy minimum space in it.
- It becomes extremely easy to load your luggage in the Osprey Farpoint 55 with this feature. There are a lot of backpacks available which lack this feature and this is where the Osprey Farpoint grabs a higher rank in the list.
Suitcase opening of Osprey Farpoint 70
- You see the bag, you open the bag and instantaneously you get mesmerized at the organization of different compartments in the backpack.
- A lot of compartments with straps for safety and minimizing the space occupied by your clothing and other stuff you can put into the bag.
- Different things can be put into different spaces with each compartment having a, you may call it customized, distinctive space for things you put into it.
Overall Usage of Osprey Farpoint 55:
While our experts tested the Osprey Farpoint 55, it was an amazing experience. When we went on an outing with the Osprey Farpoint 55, it was something like we did not felt too heavy with a load of our luggage.
The most attractive feature that is the detachable day pack helped us a lot.
We used to put our main backpack in our rooms and then used to roam around the city with only the day pack which securely handled our devices like laptop, tablet, camera, etc.
Similar amazing experience was felt by our experts while testing the Osprey Farpoint 70, rugged and heavy outdoor cum indoor testing was done on the backpack and to our experts’ surprise, the bag did deliver the comfort and easy handling that the company claimed in the environments ranging from hot deserts to rugged mountainous terrains to buses, metros in a city amidst the sea of people.
So, with the final words, we would recommend the Osprey Farpoint 55 backpack to move on your trip. This enables a total hassle free trip with no worries of carrying a huge load with you everywhere you go. Moreover, if you wish to have varied capacity back pack with the same fashion you can go for Farpoint 40 or Farpoint 70.